When you access MAEAP.org, we may gather information in the following ways:
- Information collected automatically. MAEAP.org uses Google Analytics to collect and process some of your information. This may include information about how you linked to MAEAP.org, when you accessed our website, the searches you initiated, things you clicked on, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system you used, and the pages you requested and visited. This information is aggregated and is used to improve the website. For more information, please visit Google’s website to learn how Google uses data when you use our websites or applications.
- Information voluntarily submitted. MAEAP (or our third-party vendors) may collect additional information if you voluntarily provide it (e.g., in connection with an online transaction). The type of information varies by transaction and may include: your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Emails from us
If you provide us with your email address, we may use it to email you newsletters and announcements.
You may unsubscribe to these services by following the instructions contained in the email.
Information on third party provided by user
If you provide us with information about a third party, we may retain that information to provide the service requested. For example, users may submit contact information on MAEAP.org with a third party through the “request your farm visit” option.
MAEAP.org uses “cookies” to customize your browsing experience. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer when you visit a website.
Session cookies allow you to move through many pages of a website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are destroyed after successful completion of a transaction, after a few minutes of inactivity, or when the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. They continue to exist after a few minutes of inactivity, after the browser is closed, or after a user completes a single session. Persistent cookies generated by MAEAP.org expire within five years.
- To help you to conduct online transactions.
- To perform statistical analyses on website usage to understand how people are using the website and how we can improve it.
If you choose to do so, you can configure your browser to notify you when a new cookie is received. You can also view and delete existing cookies, prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, and disable cookies altogether. If you disable cookies, you can still use MAEAP.org, but your ability to use some areas or functions of the website may be limited.
We will only share personal information about you with others if:
- We have your consent to share the information, or
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested, or
- We are authorized to do so by law. E.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to requests pursuant to a statute requiring or permitting disclosure such as the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15.231, et seq.
We limit access to personally identifiable information gathered through MAEAP.org to employees and agents who need access to perform a specific job. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information.
MAEAP.org uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and protect your personal financial information during Internet transmissions.
We provide links to other organizations through MAEAP.org. These links provided are for informational purposes only. In providing these links, we do not endorse the content, products, services, or viewpoints of these external websites. Once you leave MAEAP.org and link to an external website, MAEAP.org terms and policies no longer apply.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Individuals under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to MAEAP.org. This includes submitting personal information to MAEAP.org as part of a user profile or personalization profile. If you are an individual under the age of 13, you may use these services only if used with your parent or legal guardian.
Ciesa Designs, as developer and security manager of the MAEAP.org has taken a number of steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information that is maintained in agency computer systems. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, ensure the integrity of the information that is transmitted between users of e-government applications and MAEAP, and to provide reasonable protection of private information that is in our possession.
For security purposes and to make sure this service remains available to all users, uses special software programs for monitoring and auditing network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this computer system. MAEAP also uses industry-standard software tools to control access to specific applications and services and to protect data that is transmitted electronically between users and MAEAP. These programs help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Web site.
WARNING — If security monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, information pertaining to such activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on the MAEAP portal or its composite web sites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030.
The information contained in this policy should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via the MAEAP portal or the web sites of individual Program agencies.
Linking to MAEAP.org is permitted under limited conditions.
If you link to MAEAP.org, you must not: (1) portray any person, entity, or subject in a false or misleading light; (2) visually alter MAEAP.org pages being linked to; or (3) imply that MAEAP or MAEAP.org endorses your products or services.
To link to MAEAP.org, use the following HTML code: maeap.org
For questions or comments about this webpage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.