A Farm Field Day will be held on September 3, 2021 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Grand Traverse County’s Meyer Farm — the future site of the Grand Traverse Conservation District’s Great Lakes Incubator Farm. The farm is located at 1091 Keystone Road, Traverse City, MI. The Field Day will feature several educational sessions for agricultural producers and the broader community to learn about conservation agriculture, tools and resources to assist your farm and garden, and new initiatives to support our local agriculture community. Topics include:
• Biochar production, use, and benefits
• Pollinator health and habitat
• Enhancing soil health
• Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP)
• USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) programs and resources
• Farmland protection and succession planning
Registration costs $5 and a local lunch will be included. Registration is limited so if you are interested in attending this field day event, please send an email to Lauren Silver at email@example.com to register.